Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

In the Pan

I'm fairly methodical in my painting habits.  I usually finish one project before moving to the next.  I work like this because of a genetic disorder that causes me to obsess unnecessarily over order and disorder.  My clothes are organized by season, style and color so why not use those same techniques with my painting?

Right now, I'm getting a little wild and crazy. I've got 200+ figures cluttering my workspace in various states of done.  24 Numidian lights just need shields to be finished and then they're ready to be based.  But nooo, I had to go off and start painting loads of Janissary musketmen for a Maurice army.  Ancients and gunpower era side by side on the painting table-this madness has got to stop!

Next week, I'll post  the second and final installment of the College Roadtrip.  Then it's back to the projects!



A broiler pan from our stove doubles as a painting queue.  Don't tell the Mrs! 

Wild wild horses, we'll ride them some day.
Hey, its not like we can paint ourselves.  Get cracking!

9 comments:

  1. Your desk covered with several projects at once sounds just like mine and I suspect quite a few if not most are also this way.

    That would be a dream for me to able to finish one project before starting another!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is you get away with it with no ill effects. Partisans, a new Impetus army, samurai...when do you get to sleep?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. what will happen if I tell to mrs that the pan she's searching, is on your paint table? ;-)

    what happened to the content of the pan before it became painting storage? ;-)

    more seriously, did you use inks on the numidian horses before the highlighting?

    Best regards

    thefrenchjester "nose and sometimes feets, in the pan ;-) "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't tell, will you? Us hobbyists must stick together, after all ;-)

      I was just at the art store to pick up inks but I did not like the range they had. I'll order up a set of Rowney inks on line tonight.

      Delete
  3. be careful to buy the matt inks in their range, because there is also glossy inks that are nearly useless for us;
    there is the references of the matte ones on my blog, the title of the post is " Daler Rowneys's ink choice" in June 2012

    Best regards

    thefrenchjester " if the wargamers are united! they will never be ....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to have more than one project on the go Monty.....like the rest of us ! It's all about biting off more than you can chew, it's a wargaming tradition.hahahahahahahah.......keep it up ! nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I don't want to become that guy who has more unpainted lead than painted lead. Having said that, I'm already looking around for my next project, maybe two! Flames of War, Dystopian Wars, ACM...who knows!

      Delete